PROMOTING AND FACILITATING CROSS BORDER RAIL TRAVEL IN EUROPE
I’m currently conducting research into the availability of cross border rail tickets in Europe. I’m looking at how different railway companies use technology to promote and sell tickets, along with looking at how easy it is for travellers to research, schedule and book long distance rail journeys.
In particular I’m looking at;
- What type of tickets can travellers buy at the station?
- What type of tickets will a vending machine offer?
- Are ticket vending machines offering passengers good value?
- What routes and schedules are taken into account when buying from a station of vending machine?
- How much experience, if any, do you need to get the right ticket from a machine?
- Is the Internet and Internet technology really helping travellers at the station?
The findings of this research will contribute in supporting multiple avenues of work in the future, together with my long-term aim to promote awareness of new or under used rail connections around Europe.
As always if this sounds of interest to you and your organisation
drop me a line, it would be great to hear from you.